by Charles Buchanan, Chairman, ACTSA
Despite the challenges facing the financial sector, ACTSA, with its dynamic membership has been active in sustaining a high degree of participation in its activities. We at ACTSA continue to strive for the advancement of those in the treasury profession and to enhance the role of treasury and its allied financial services within an organization.
One of the most influential tools is peer networking within a profession. We have provided a wide variety of forums helping participants to learn more about the issues facing treasurers and those in related financial markets.
The activities hosted during the past year include:
Breakfast presentations on:
- Understanding the ISDA agreement
- Can SA survive the economic crisis?
- IFRS7 - Financial Instrument disclosures
- Heart to heart panel discussion with the rating agencies – Moody’s, Fitch and Standard & Poor’s
- The complexities of hedge accounting
- A Conference on the ‘new normal’ for bond issuers with the Debt Issuers Association (DIA) , co-hosting the Moody’s Conference and endorsing the EuroFinance conference.
Workshops on the basic principles of Forex and money markets
In March 2009 we co-marketed for the first time the ACT(UK) six-month certificate course – the Certificate in International Treasury Management (CertITM), to which we had a very good response.