UniCredit Group is one of the largest banks in Europe with a network of over 9,000 branches serving 40 million clients in 23 countries. Its international network comprises branches, representative offices and banking subsidiaries in 50 countries worldwide. UniCredit’s business approach is based on business Divisions and the Group is characterised by the strong diversification of its revenues by business and geographic area.
In order to heighten its global capability and sustainability to growth, UniCredit has developed Global Transaction Banking (GTB), the Group’s global business line for international transaction services in the international financial institutions business as well as in trade & export finance and cash management areas.
Right from the beginning, UniCredit defined a complete offer supporting the whole financial supply chain.
Global Transaction Banking enhances the Group capabilities to serve its financial institutions and corporate customers by leveraging the international network and supporting local distribution with cutting-edge products and services in trade & export finance and cash management and e-banking areas. GTB also covers International Correspondent Banking and Trade Finance related business as well as Structured Trade Finance through Global Financial Institutions & Trade Finance (GFI&TF), and Structured Trade & Export Finance (STEF) respectively.
UniCredit’s SWIFTNet offering for corporates speeds up their processes by connecting to a network that spans the globe.
“UniCredit fully supports SWIFTNet for its corporate customers, enabling them to connect to any of their banking partners via one single access. A corporate treasurer’s dream comes true.”
Markus Straussfeld, Managing Director, Cash Management & eBanking Sales, UniCredit
The benefits of SWIFTNet
Providing SWIFTNet to corporate customers enables UniCredit to offer a standardised connectivity solution with global reach without having to develop it and to attract new business from corporates looking for a single connection to reach all their banks.
The many benefits for UniCredit’s customers include:
- The same infrastructure with different banks around the world
- The highest security and availability standards
- Independence from proprietary country standards and single-bank electronic banking products
- Simpler implementation and auditing of statutory payment regulations with global impact (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Streamlined centralised, worldwide payments, account information, FX confirmations, enquiries, bilateral data exchange in standard or local format
- The ability to make substantial savings in resources, controlling, administrative processes, documentation, etc.